Mass release of .uk domains
0 min read
In June 2019, the registry of .uk and .co.uk domains, Nominet, announced the release of reserved domains. These are the .uk domain names that were previously available for registration only for the owners of the respective domain names in .co.uk, .org.uk, .me.uk and .ltd.uk zones. For example, bitcoin.uk was only available for registration by the owner of bitcoin.co.uk).
From the 8th of July 2019, 13:00 UTC, previously reserved names are becoming available for registration at Openprovider. Nominet will release all reserved .uk domains in alphabetical order:
- 8 July, 13:00-13:30: all domains beginning with a number, a and b.
- 9 July, 13:00-13:30: all domains beginning with c, d, e, and f.
- 10 July, 13:00-13:30: all domains beginning with g, h, i, j, k, l, and m.
- 11 July, 13:00-13:30: all domains beginning with n, o, p, q, r, and s.
- 12 July, 13:00-13:30: all domains beginning with t, u, v, w, x, y, and z.
More information about .uk registrations is available in our Knowledge Base. If you have any further questions about the mass release or otherwise applied to .uk domains, our support team is also happy to help you.
If you are based in the UK and you own or are interested in purchasing .eu domains, it is also a good idea to stay updated about developments in regards to Brexit. You may have to change your domicile or otherwise you risk losing your .eu domains. You can read more about the latest developments here.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Looking for the best Domain Reseller Program?
OpenProvider offers you the best prices in the market and more. Register your .com domains for only $8.57 now!