7 reasons to register a .info domain name
0 min read
Are you thinking of creating an informational or educational website to share your knowledge and expertise with the world? Whether it’s a blog, a website for a non-profit, or a personal website about a topic you are passionate about, a .info domain name is always a good choice!
A versatile and affordable option, .info is a great domain name for those who are looking to share information and ideas with their audience online. On top of that, a .info domain extension makes your website stand out from a sea of .com’s and .org’s.
Not convinced yet? Here are seven reasons why you should consider registering a .info domain:
- Easily recognizable. .info stands for “information”, which makes it a suitable choice for all kinds of websites with an educational or informational purpose. Using this extension immediately shows your audience that your website is an informational one.
- Trusted by millions. Millions of individuals and organizations around the world have already registered .info domains, making it a popular and globally suitable choice. In fact, it’s actually the sixth most registered TLD in the world!
- Large choice of available domain names. Compared to over 200 million .com domain names, there are only just over 9 million registered .info domains on the Internet – meaning that there are still plenty of available choices!
- Short and memorable. Internet users worldwide prefer short domain names, as they are catchy and more memorable. Using a short domain name, of which there are plenty still available with .info, makes it easy for your audience to remember and find your website online.
- Safe and reliable. .info domain names are as SEO-friendly as websites that use .com or .net. Although .info is a lesser-known domain extension, it is not strongly associated with spam or other malicious content.
- Open registrations. .info registrations are open to everyone. You can register any domain name of your choice, as long as it has not been registered by someone else.
- Affordable and accessible. Starting at a cost of just $3.95 for the first year, registering a .info domain is an affordable option for anyone.
In conclusion, a .info domain is a great option for anyone looking to share their knowledge with the world. With a large choice of short, catchy domain names still available, a .info domain could well be the right choice for your next project!
Are you looking to register your own .info domain? At Openprovider, prices for a one-year registration already start at $3.95 for Openprovider Members and $4.95 for non-Members. Register yours today!
Subscribe to our newsletter
What are you waiting for?
Create an account today - it’s fast and free